Sunday, September 27, 2015

Some More Beaded Holiday Ornaments



 
I made this cute Christmas stocking using the Beaded Holiday kit from Papertrey Ink. I embroidered the ivy and sewed on some red beads for the berries. For the rest of the stocking I kept the stitching simple. I liked the effect of the red stitching against the white fabric. Some PTI felt and some more beads completed the stocking top. The kit also included a die for cutting a hanging piece which is then sewn into the ornament. You can see this in the photo below.
 
 
 
 
This ornament is similar to the one in my previous post. The design was sewn on my embroidery/sewing machine, cut out using a stitching rectangle die from PTI and then sewn together using some gold embroidery thread and gold beads.
 
When life gets a little too busy and complicated I like to switch off by doing something creative. Last week I tackled a furniture project which had been on a long list of "to do" for some time.
 
 
This is a photo of the two separate pieces of furniture I needed to paint. Using some left over Annie Sloan chalk paint I got to it. With a quick coat of Old White and then a coat of Paris Grey I had a lovely kitchen dresser for my country kitchen. I still have to distress  a little more and then wax it which  I will do at intervals over the next couple of weeks. I was so happy I  finally had the time to do it. Can't wait for Christmas so that I can hang all my new beaded ornaments on it !

 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your kind comment.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...